We master everything from Bhangra to classical. Attended sessions are charged hourly. Alternatively, you can send us your tracks via the net and we charge per track. We can master onto 1/4 inch tape through analogue, valve outboard.
Coming soon: Bounce your mutitracks to 24-Track tape and back or mix from tape on our analogue desk! Mix from tape and master onto 1/4" tape!
What will mastering do?
- Add clarity and punch
- Increase overall volume (to your taste)
- Balance the EQ
- Match volume from song to song
We can also:
- Add track markers wherever you want
- Change spacing between tracks or crossfade them
- Add ISRC codes if you need them
- Add CD TEXT
- Create a DDP image file for sending digitally to the pressing plant *
* If your pressing plant accepts this format, DDP now means that your album can be sent electronically as soon as the mastering is completed. This removes the possibility of any digital errors and speeds up the whole process.
More details about mastering - and dynamic range in particular - can be found in Max Read's in-depth article here.
The Lodge highly recommends Discus Group for reliable, quick and high-quality CD and DVD duplication or replication.
Some of the Lodge's mastering clients:
Popsy Nandha - 2010
Fil Straughan - 2011
Glass Robots - 2012